swCLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deemark2
Deemark2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
To all swClub Members,

We wish you a heartfelt and very Happy New Year and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty and support during 2018.

So here we are, the start of 2019, and you're possibly feeling bombarded with all the health, dieting and exercise related advice that steadily pours out of the media this time of year on an hour by hour basis. The potential health and weight loss journey ahead might feel overwhelming, especially if - like a lot of us at the forum - you found 2018 didn't quite work out, weight-wise, as you'd hoped.

Maybe you've been working at this weight loss game for a long time, maybe you've never reached target, maybe you've reached target and bounced back to your original weight again, or maybe you're just plain bored with the whole weight loss issue and feel weight loss is something that happens to other people and not you. Whatever you're feeling right now, you're most certainly not alone.

So why visit a forum like ours? Let's face it; we're not an Instagram-type snap-happy forum where members post impossible images of their perfect lives. We don't have members active on the forum every minute of the day telling us how fab their day has been and uploading photos of their perfect meals/places etc. And we're not one of those FOMO forums where you're obligated to login umpteen times a day! (FOMO = fear of missing out).

Our members visit us because we are like them. We know the struggles of weight loss and we've all been there, done it, bought the book, seen the film, etc. We hope that this year will be different. We hope that this year, WE will be different. We support each other, commiserate with each other, celebrate with each other and inspire each other. We post on the forum our good times and our bad times. Our good pics and our sometimes not so good pics. We live life as it is. All in a safe, non-judgemental, supportive, and confidential online environment. Most of us have never met and yet most of us feel as though we’re among dear friends.

That's why members visit us as swClub. No matter what - if any - weight loss plan you're following, no matter when you last visited us, you know you'll always find a friendly and sincere welcome.

Maybe you've already started on your 2019 weight loss campaign; maybe - like a lot of us - you're waiting until the holidays are completely over on Monday 7th January before you "face the music"; maybe you've got no intentions right now to even start losing weight. Whatever you're doing, wherever you currently are with your weight loss, know that your friends at swClub are still there, waiting with a cheer to rekindle their friendship and support you in whatever successes or trials that may await.

May your 2019 be filled with much love, health, happiness and success.

From your friends at swClub
Together We Can!

PS: You can access swClub on your desktop computer/laptop/mobile via https://slimmingworldclub.forumotion.com or through the Topic'it App on your mobile phone via https://go.topicit.net/STOdIlRwBR
You can get the App through GooglePlay: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.topicit.android or AppleStore: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/topicit-mobile-forum-app/id1272582179&mt=8
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

MrsShazbat
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:53 pmMrsShazbat
Great post Dee, thank you.  

Happy New Year!

I'm still here.  I'm not going to lie, I just had my 'back to work tomorrow' pizza but have resolved (meh) that I won't be having any more for the forseeable future.  

I don't do resolutions, but I have a plan as I've got a wedding in April and although I've got the dress I want to wear, it won't hurt to shift a few pounds so it looks right.  In all honesty, it's as good an opportunity as any and I really do need to lose some weight.  Purely out of concern, I feel like my mum is 10 seconds away from saying something at any given moment.  And it's the little things, like being out of breath bending over to tie my shoes (which is doubly awkward when all my shoes are Clark's lace-ups giggle)

I will also try and resume my activity on here!  I'm still not monitoring anything - no Fitbit, not weighing, no MFP.  I just want to 'be good', a bit more walking at lunchtimes, walking the dog for longer, that sort of thing.

One thing I've definitely got to stop doing, is buying a bar of chocolate when we do our weekly shop.  I don't know how or why it started, but it did sometime after our holiday last year and they go in one sitting.  Fortunately, I haven't over-indulged over Christmas really.  I had a small cheeseboard with some crackers, a couple of Chocolate Oranges, and some biscuits that were a gift on Christmas Day and that was it really.  We went to see the family down south in between, so a couple of hotel breakfasts and a buffet at my sister-in-law's, and then we came home a day early because the FB (Fat Bloke, to those not familiar with my vernacular for my husband ;) ) was struggling with a bad cough and didn't sleep.

So anyway, I'm back at work tomorrow and I have to be good.  

Onwards...!!
Deemark2
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:09 pmDeemark2
Thank you and Happy New Year to you, too, my lovely. friends

Re your pizza, I thought I was going to smarten up on my eating today, but looking in the cupboard, it looks like I might be delaying that for a few days!

It's surprising how the weight can affect 'little things'. I too am finding some things a lot more effort than I used to such as putting on socks etc! giggle

Interestingly, along similar lines to what you're saying, I received a newsletter from my local GP practice stating "Don't diet this January"! They suggest the key is not to go on a diet at all and it’s all about easy healthy changes which add up.

Have a good day/week at work. Hopefully everyone will be kind and let us ease into the week gradually!  praying
Deemark2
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:14 pmDeemark2
I've posted a thread in the chit-chat area of the forum welcoming our members to 2019. If you'd like to join in and chat about what you've been up to since you last posted/visited the forum, do drop by and join in the chat via the link below:
https://slimmingworldclub.forumotion.com/t26855-welcome-to-2019

thumbsup
Sponsored content
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum